How do I create a subgroup in my organization?
A subgroup is a group that is contained within another group. When members are added to a subgroup, they are automatically added to any parent groups of that subgroup. Similarly, if a member is deleted from a parent group, that member is also deleted from all of the parent's subgroups. Organizations may have unlimited levels of subgroups. Individual plan groups may not have subgroups.
1. Go to the groups browser and click Create a new group.
2. In the window that appears, give your group a name and choose the parent group you want the new group to be a subgroup.
To make an existing group into a subgroup
If you have an existing group, you can make it a subgroup of another group.
- Click on the group you want to move.
- Choose Group settings from the admin drop down in the upper right.
- Choose Move this group.
- Use the Parent group drop down to choose the parent group where this will be a subgroup.
- Click Save group.