What is text-to-join?
Text-to-join* is a way for members to join groups and get connected with your organization by sending a text from their phone. This method is quick to set up, easy to use, and simple to announce.
Set up text-to-join
Setting up text-to-join is quick:
- Select the group in your organization where you want to set up text-to-join
- Click the onboarding icon on the right side of the groups browser
- Click to toggle text-to-join to the on position
- Fill in the keyword you would like to use to join the group
- Keywords can contain up to 25 characters
- Keywords cannot contain spaces or special characters
- Each group with text to join in your organization must have a unique keyword
- Click OK
You will now see your text-to-join number (shared for all groups in your organization) and keyword (unique to this group in the organization).
Using text-to-join is easy:
- Share the phone number and keyword with anyone to allow them to join your group by text message. ex: "Text ExampleOrganization to 201-537-xxxx." Use the number as the recipient and the keyword as the message.
- This member is now automatically subscribed to your group and will receive text message notifications for any new cards or comments.
- The member will receive a confirmation allowing them text back to add an email to their account or set up their profile via link.
And just like always, if a member joins a sub-group, they will automatically be added to any parent groups in the organization, as well, with no additional steps.
Text to join is fully included in your organization plan. No hidden fees, charges per message, or additional fees for extra keywords!
* available in the US and Canada